Saturday, April 29, 2006

Ahh, relaxing at home.

Well, I started my new job on Thursday. Things are a little discombobulated there because the Program Director (over me) position needs to be filled AND the assistant position needs to be filled. So the staff is short two people. Next week is a wash because there is a conference being held starting Tuesday night- Saturday. People from all of the Gilda's clubs all over will be in Dallas. The keynote speaker is from the Lance Armstrong Foundation. We will have a big party at Gilley's in Texas style (oy). It should be very fun. Joanna Bull, Gilda Radner's therapist and the founder of the clubs, will be here. I am looking forward to learning more about the whole deal. I will sit in on some lectures, attend networking groups and breakout sessions that discuss topics for non profits. Philip picked a good week to be out of town- I won't be home much with all of these events!

1 comment:

Dana S. Whitney said...

Your mint is abundant... I haven't potted it up, but it has roots... and I discovered this afternoon that MY mint has loosed its bonds and is taking over the cilantro. (I don't know if cilantro roots... ) What are your hours? Any chance you're going to the DHKG meeting Tuesday/tomorrow?
I'd LOVE to meet Gilda's therapist. That would be fun..